Maybe y'all can help me with some new fresh ideas!
So... I cannot get my nine month old to nap.
This has always been a problem.
He does not like to sleep.
But I need him to sleep.
It gives me sanity.
But I spend all day trying to get him to sleep.
Just for a blessed hour, that's all I am asking.
Currently he is sleeping. HALLELUJAH!
But that is after I rocked him, with a bottle,
sang to him, laid him down almost asleep,
then he cried, and I hate it when he cries,
so I went in and rocked and sang again,
and laid him down with his binky,
and he cried again, so I went in and got
him and brought him into my room and laid
down with him and stroked his head until he
finally fell asleep.
Now I am going to go take a shower because
both boys are sleeping and if I don't do it now,
I will never do it.
Please help!!!!!
I really have tried everything.
Even consistency for a few weeks,
and nothing has worked. He has no predictable schedule,
and never sleeps at the same time or for
the same amount of time. I have tried letting him
cry and he just gets so worked up that
he can't get calmed down.
I never had trouble with oli and sleep.
This is new to me.
The pediatrician said, he will sleep when he
needs to sleep. RIGHT!
What do peds know anyway!
I trust you- the mommies and nannies I know!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh friend...how I remember this with Peter. He was the hardest kid to get to sleep...even now, he is almost 8 and he likes to have his mom lay down with him. That said, I am glad you are working on this now. It sounds like you have tried the hard stuff like letting him cry it out...have you tried using some kind of quiet area not related to sleeping? Here is what I am thinking, your ped might be right, he will sleep when he needs to. So if you consistently give him a time and a place where this might happen he may get used to it. For example we used to have Peter be in his room with books or whatever for an hour...regardless of if he slept. if he needs to be in your sight maybe a gate at his door and he needs to be in the room and this is mommy time, you can read a book right outside his door, but do not pay him any attention. It is good for him to get used to quiet time where he does his own thing. I know it is hard but I am pretty sure you would rather deal now than be in there rocking and rubbing his back when he is 8. love you...if I think of any other things we did I will let you know.
i know it is hard to do the
cry it out thing
but that is what worked for me with mr. Q
i would put him in
he would cry
after 10 minutes i would go in
& pat him & say
'time to sleep
you are not alone'
then wait 20 minutes
do the same.
you could do 5 minutes
then 10
then 15
or whatever.
i wouldn't pick him up
just let him know i was around.
it was not fun
but he napped very consistantly for
about 2 and a half years.
now is a different story...
now we just have
'nap time is quiet time'
it's kind of a
'don't ask don't tell'
time;)
if he's quiet & on his bed
it's all good;)
Post a Comment